Subject: Re: European domestic
To: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@zippo.unna.ping.de>
From: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
List: current-users
Date: 09/16/1997 02:24:52
Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@zippo.unna.ping.de> writes:

> Please have a short look at it and tell me if there is a problem
> with that because I used some Makefiles that inadvertedly fell into
> my hands.

Where does the code come from? The $NetBSD$ tags (and the Berkeley
copyright) suggests that this is code that has been exported (by
someone) from the US.

The problem is not obtaining the source, the problem is obtaining 100%
untainted source.

As far as I know, the `domestic' kit contains Kerberos 4 stuff, and
patches to various programs (like ed and init). All of this is
available to anyone, and I see no good reason (apart from the required
work) not to use these replacements.

/Johan