Subject: Re: Notebook issues (apm, sound, touchpat)
To: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@pa.dec.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/12/1997 17:51:56
> 1. When APM is in the kernel, I always get the
> following errors on the console:
>
> Sep 11 20:29:57 schleppi /netbsd: APM set CPU idle: unknown error code (0x5305)
> Sep 11 21:00:04 schleppi /netbsd: APM set CPU busy: unknown error code (0x5306)
>
> Simply starting apmd did *not* fix this. Any clue?

I observed similar behaviour on my ThinkPad as well.  "0x5305" just
happens to be the same value as the command theoretically given to the
BIOS at that time (probably; i've not checked that code path, but I
know the error matched the command at the other times i've seen this
message), and the error value is returned in the same register as the
command.  Something is going wrong somewhere, but I don't know where.

cgd