Subject: Re: hang during shutdown
To: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
From: Matthias Drochner <drochner@zelux6.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
List: current-users
Date: 09/12/1997 18:48:48
Excerpts from netbsd: 12-Sep-97 Re: hang during shutdown Bill
Studenmund@macro.st (1331*)

> I'm confused here. We're discussing cases where /usr gets mounted twice.
> It's getting mounted twice from the same filesystem?

Yes, 2 times from the same source.
It's harmless as far as we can tell now, but it might
be annoying.

> Isn't this a bug in mount? To quote the man page (from my infamous i386
> snapshot :-)

It's a misfeature of the /etc/rc script, /usr is necessary to get
LKMs loaded, so it can be mounted before it's time, and at the
"standard" place again.
It would be nice if "mount" would allow to combine the "a" flag
with a filesystem specification however.

best regards
Matthias