Subject: Re: PostgreSQL anyone?
To: None <>
From: Phil Nelson <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/11/1997 23:14:37
>I assume that someone has run PostgreSQL under NetBSD before, so I was
>wondering, is there anything I should know before configuring/compiling/
>running it?  In particular, does it compile out of the box, or is there
>something special I need to do?

It depends on which version of PostgreSQL you intend on using.  I have
submitted changes the the development branch to have it compile out
of the box on several architectures under NetBSD  (should be any
architecture, but I haven't tried it on all).  If it is the last
release, you might have a couple of small things to do.  They were
trivial as I remember.  Like they assumed you were on a i486 class
machine and so put -m486 in the CFLAGS.  If you are on a 486 or
better, that wouldn't be a problem.

Phil Nelson                       NetBSD:
e-mail:           LPF:       !gifs: