Subject: Re: How about to config Hayes ESP with glue device rather than magical option?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <is@Beverly.Rhein.DE>
List: current-users
Date: 09/10/1997 21:56:16
enami tsugutomo ( wrote:
: "Chris G. Demetriou" <> writes:
: > I don't know what it means, but it's wrong.  8-)  you should be able
: > to specify multiple I/O space (and other) addresses for a single ISA
: > device.  "hayesesp" doesn't provide an ISA bus, so the hierarchy above
: > is ... not really sensible.
: Like recently added `drq2', should we have `port2'?  But it seems that
: it is not the point since you wrote as follows:
: > While i'm at it, it really should be just:
: >
: > hayesesp0 at isa0 port ....
: >
: > I.e. no 'com' at all.
: Do you mean that even if the card is operated in ns16x50 compatible
: mode, it should be the device different from `com'?

Id rather do:

com0 at isa0 port whatever: hayesp bla bla