Subject: Re: routing
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 09/10/1997 11:41:02
On Wed, 10 Sep 1997, der Mouse wrote:

> [...]
[snip]

> The problem is that -interface doesn't take an interface name; it takes
> an interface local address.  Therefore, when you have multiple
> interfaces with the same local address, there is nothing you can pass
> to -interface that names one of them as distinct from the others.

Are we all on the same page? I seem to be a bit behind or off. We're
discussing options to route(8), aren't we?

On my system, running the June 16-ish i386 snap (the 1.2G one w/ bounce
buffers and configurable swap).

My route(8) man page (dated from Jun 16 14:16) does NOT mention an
-interface option. It does, however, have -ifp and -ifa options.

Have we updated route in the mean time? Maybe we should get some options
from the old version?

Take care,

a confused Bill