Subject: Re: routing
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthias Scheler <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/10/1997 09:46:40
In article <>,
	Dustin Sallings <> writes:
> If you use a normal point to point mask (/30) ...

/30 is *not* point 2 point.

> ... then you're using four addresses that meet on the proper boundry.

He has only two address, and there are *not* in a /30 block. Oskar's
proxy arp hack might work but that is what I call bad network design.

> ... but I've never been able to get a Cisco to accept that for a netmask.

No, need to. Only add a host route to the ethernet.

> 	Anyway, proxy-arp does seem to be the answer.

It's a solution but a *really* *bad* one. I wonder how you can call my
solution bad network design and consider this one fine.

Matthias Scheler