Subject: Re: 128M confusion (revisited)
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <tom@pop.fundy.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 09/09/1997 09:29:36
>  > Try commenting out this:
>  >
>  > options         NKMEMCLUSTERS=4096      # slots in kmem_map
>  > options         NMBCLUSTERS=4096        # slots in mb_map
>  >
<cut>
> I agree that commenting out these options will probably help, but
> he is most definitely not consuming the lower 16M of memory...
>
> What's probably happening is that when he tries to allocate one of
> these insanely huge submaps, the VM code can't find an appropriate
> place for them in the kernel_map, and thus reports failure.

I reset these values to those in the HOMEWORLD config and it worked
fine. Perhaps you could point me to a reference as to what these are
and how they used, so that if I have to change them I can do it
properly. I have the  NMBCLUSTERS=4096 on a number of my machines and
they function without a problem.

.. and thank you very much.