Subject: Re: routing
To: Bill Studenmund <>
From: Dustin Sallings <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/08/1997 18:49:21
On Mon, 8 Sep 1997, Bill Studenmund wrote:

# > 	I'm confused.  Why would this change just because you have more
# > than one interface with the same IP address?  If you tell it to go out a
# > particular interface, which the -interface flag is documented to do, then
# > who cares what the address of that function is, as long as the packet goes
# > out it?
# I think the earlier discussion of how the interface command worked was
# you gave it the IP address for an interface. If you have multiple
# interfaces w/ the same address, you've not achieved your goal of sending
# the route via a particular interface.

	*self LART*

	Upon closer inspection of the manpage, I see that now.  It seems
that -interface is a little of a misnomer, since you're not specifying the
interface name, but the interface IP address assuming only one interface
has the IP address you're using.

Taos Mountain TS         My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <>