Subject: Re: routing
To: Peter Seebach <>
From: Dustin Sallings <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/08/1997 16:58:36
On Mon, 8 Sep 1997, Peter Seebach wrote:

# >The route command accepts a flag "-interface", where instead of
# >specifying a remote gateway to the destination, you specify the local
# >address of an interface which will be used to transmit to the directly
# >reachable destination.
# >Does that already do what you want, or am I missing something?
# Not if you have several interfaces with the same IP address, which is a
# fairly common approach to PPP; i.e., le0 would be, ppp0
# would be<->, etc etc.

	I'm confused.  Why would this change just because you have more
than one interface with the same IP address?  If you tell it to go out a
particular interface, which the -interface flag is documented to do, then
who cares what the address of that function is, as long as the packet goes
out it?

Taos Mountain TS         My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <>