Subject: Re: routing
To: None <jnemeth@cue.bc.ca>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/08/1997 04:27:38
>From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@cue.bc.ca>
>
>     One feature of L*nux and some commercial routers, is that when
>adding a route, you can specify what interface should be used.  I've
>had trouble at times getting a route to use the interface I wanted,
>when the route is a subnet or one or two host routes being routed via
>a point-to-point interface.  Would it be possible to get this feature
>added to NetBSD?

The route command accepts a flag "-interface", where instead of
specifying a remote gateway to the destination, you specify the local
address of an interface which will be used to transmit to the directly
reachable destination.

Does that already do what you want, or am I missing something?

Cheers,
entropy