Subject: Re: How-To and history of docs
To: None <codewarrior@daemon.org>
From: Mike Long <mikel@shore.net>
List: current-users
Date: 09/05/1997 12:58:48
>Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 13:35:17 -0400 (EDT)
>From: codewarrior@daemon.org (Andrew Brown)

>from looking at the directory structures over time, it looks like they
>were there and were later removed, or at least, were never put there
>and the empty directories were pruned.  examples of what has
>disappeared or what is present on other systems (which confuses me):
>
>psd/12.make
>psd/19.curses
>smm/07.lpd
>smm/08.sendmailop
>smm/09.sendmail
>usd/04.csh
>usd/07.mail
>usd/11.edit
>usd/12.vi
>usd/13.ex
>usd/13.viref		all disappeared (were in 1.2, not in -current)

These have been moved to the source directories for the utilities they
document, e.g. the source for 04.csh is somewhere under src/bin/csh.

>usd/11.vitut		in bsd/os-2.1, never in netbsd?
>
>usd/10.exref		in freebsd-2.2.2...
>usd/12.exref		in bsd/os-2.1...
>			never anywhere in netbsd??

These were probably removed because they were AT&T proprietary or
specific to AT&T vi, and nvi provides no replacements.
--
Mike Long <mikel@shore.net>                http://www.shore.net/~mikel