Subject: Re: LAPTOP? WAS Re: PCMCIA and AIMS flash memory cards?
To: David Brownlee <>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/05/1997 08:25:35

In message <>yo
u write:
> On Thu, 4 Sep 1997, Jan-Hinrich Fessel wrote:
> > I haven't gotten around playing with Win* Emulators (I cannot devote it
> > entirely to NetBSD because of...)  Btw, does SUN's WABI-x86 work with NetBSD?
> >
> 	Thats what disk partitioning and boot loaders like OS-BS are for
> 	(I dual boot my old 486 laptop NetBSD / Windows)

I want a machine that I can open up and it instantly runs what I need to do my
work.  So, there is no way to achieve this with a dual boot setup.  I have no
problem with dualboot, I run OS/2/Win/NT on the same machine, but all OS/es
give me the same applications accessing the same data.  While I really want to
run NetBSD on these Notebooks, I will not do that before PCMCIA is in and I
can run at least Lotus's Organizer and ugly Excel on it.  Well, I someone
converts my sheets to StarOffice, then I might...

And, apart from that I had no luck so far in accessing _any_ DOS/FAT/NTFS
partition on disk on any of my machines...

 					Tragbar ist, was nicht herunterfaellt.

Version: 2.6.3i