Subject: Re: README: -current broken for a while
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@plexus.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@pa.dec.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/04/1997 23:14:24
> On Wed, 3 Sep 1997, Bill Studenmund wrote:
>
> > I gather that Chris found out about core's decision when things started
> > getting backed out of the tree (or re-engineered).
>
> The entire collection of affected code was obsoleted (`backed out', after
> a fashion) at Chris' request.  The happened when Jason Thorpe re-worked a
> piece that Chris had recently committed with his license attached.

Not quite.  Jason "backed out" a piece of the code.  Then he
immediately checked in a reimplemented version.  I asked that if he
was going to start backing code out -- which he had already done --
with the intent of removing all of it, that all of it be removed
immediately, rather than having it done piecemeal.

cgd