Subject: Re: pkg_* tools and doc (was Re: new i386 snapshot uploaded)
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 09/04/1997 17:42:41
On Wed, 3 Sep 1997, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> Dunno, even though I like perl (and used to do a LOT of coding in perl
> at a previous job), part of me wants to shudder at the thought of putting
> it in the tree :-)

Umm....there's a big difference between liking perl, and putting
it into the tree. I'm a big fan of perl, but I certainly don't want
to see it there. :-)

I'm not sure that the handbook isn't something we could put under,
say, the doc tree instead and just make the source and formatted
versions available, along with instructions on how to turn the
former into the latter if you really want to DIY.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite myst, software reverberates