Subject: Re: goals for 1.3?
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 09/04/1997 12:33:24
On Thu, Sep 04, 1997 at 01:46:16AM -0700, Jason Thorpe wrote:
> Another bit on my list is fixing some rather annoying bugs in the way
> MSS is handled in TCP.  (Don't worry; the bugs were inherited all the
> way down the line from previous BSD releases - they're nothing new :-)

Hmm, how about the security issues mentioned on BugTraq and other
mailing lists?  And, has anyone ever browsed through the security
problems that have been fixed in OpenBSD?  I haven't, but if there
are security problems which could be easily fixed, I think it would
be worth doing "all that can be done".  Linux seems to have severe
security problems (at least lots of machines have been compromised, I
hear) and I hope we are safe.

  -jm

--

                       1503 kHz @ 21:30 EET DST Mon-Fri