Subject: Re: Getting mail to Eudora mailboxes
To: Andrew Reilly <reilly@zeta.org.au>
From: Ronald Khoo <ronald@demon.net>
List: current-users
Date: 09/04/1997 08:06:59
> > A system with CR-only as a line terminator will transmit in CR-LF
> > as network text, and will end up stored as CR-LF on matt's
> > computer, so he'll be fine :-)
>
> Not if people start using 8-bit clean ESMTP to transfer binary files as
> BLOBS.
>
> You'd have to parse the MIME-foo: headers.

Sure.  But /usr/bin/mail at the moment doesn't do MIME at all.
Okay, you could argue that it's thus out of step with system
sendmail.  But that's not the problem matt's trying to solve.
I was just pointing out that supporting CRLF isn't as
unreasonable as randomly supporting some other OS's idea
of what a line terminator looks like.

--
Ronald Khoo <ronald@demon.net> Voice: +44 181 371 1000 Fax: +44 181 371 1150