Subject: Re: README: -current broken for a while
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 09/03/1997 20:51:48
[ Sigh, I've been trying to avoid getting involved in this conversation,
  because, quite frankly, this while episode has made me very tired.
  I wish it had never happened, and I want to get on with my life. ]

On Wed, 03 Sep 1997 23:42:47 -0400
 Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil> wrote:

 > FWIW, I remember Chris saying that he would grant a license to NetBSD
 > once they had a way of listing all contributors "in a standard place"
 > (emphasis mine, but I fully admit I don't recall the exact details).
 > I also remember someone (Jason?) saying that the work to satify Chris's
 > requirements was under way.

The issue related to this was that we (the NetBSD Project) didn't want
to impose redistribution terms on third parties that we didn't have
to adhere to ourselves.  Doing so would have been a violation of one
of the most fundamental goals of the project.

NAS: M/S 258-6                                       Work: +1 415 604 0935