Subject: Re: README: -current broken for a while
To: Bill Studenmund <>
From: Ken Hornstein <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/03/1997 23:42:47
>This license was discussed on current-users after it got noticed (I forgot
>by whom). There was much heated discussion, as many people mentioned
>potential problems with the license. Basically it would need a special
>license from the author to not be too onerous. I think Chris would have
>been willing to grant such a license; I'm not sure. No such license was
>granted as far as I know.

FWIW, I remember Chris saying that he would grant a license to NetBSD
once they had a way of listing all contributors "in a standard place"
(emphasis mine, but I fully admit I don't recall the exact details).
I also remember someone (Jason?) saying that the work to satify Chris's
requirements was under way.

Obviously, something else happened in the interim :-(