Subject: Re: README: -current broken for a while
To: Brad Salai <bsalai@tmonline.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 09/03/1997 19:47:58
It has been brought to my attention that I forgot a disclamer on one part
of my message.

On Wed, 3 Sep 1997, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> (*) I've heard details only second and third hand. From the
> perspectives I've heard, the incidents were violations. I've not hard from
> the other side, and, as the Minbari say, truth is a three-edged sword.

> I think the problem here was that the code in question started off having
> copyrights and licenses which were removed by other parties. Once incident
> I heard mentioned was that code Chris had written & copyrighted was
> submitted to the FSF folks as the work of another author.

The above paragraph, as with all other parts of my knowledge in this
matter, ARE ONE SIDE OF THE STORY. Please add the above three-edged sword
disclamer.

Sheesh. And I was _TRYING_ to be impartial and fair, and just explain what
happened (or what was publicly discussed as happeneing). I appologize to
everyone for not succeding.

Take care,

Bill