Subject: Re: README: -current broken for a while
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
From: J.T. Conklin <jtc@NetBSD.ORG>
List: current-users
Date: 09/03/1997 16:28:12
> There are other people who share responsibility for this.   I wish
> they would own up to their responsibility and apologize - it would go
> a long way towards healing the schism.   But you are the only person
> thus far who has had the cojones to stand up and say ``it wasn't me.''
> I'm sorry, Chris, but it was you.

I have no problems admiting and apologizing for my part of the whole
fiasco.  I was a bit burnt out at the time the initial discussion
about licences and let things go by without carefully reading and
understanding the proposals and counter-proposals.  If I participated
in the discussion in a manner which which was warranted, perhaps
things would be different.  The NetBSD Project has suffered from
this lack of attention and I appologize to all.

Over the last few years NetBSD has lost a lot of the "fun" it once had
for me.  What was once a hobby has become a "job".  At times it is an
immensely satisfying job, at other times a hideously unpleasant job.
I think the reason for the latter is simply I don't have time to
accomplish all that I would like to do.  I just wish I had the
energy to put into this project that it deserves.

	--jtc