Subject: Re: README: -current broken for a while
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@pa.dec.com>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/03/1997 14:21:44
> "It was me" only in as much as I was willing and had the desire to
> exercise my rights.
> While you might not like me for doing either of those things, you
> certainly can't fault me for wanting to do them or for doing them.

Lots of things are legal, but still wrong.   Lots of things are
illegal, but not wrong.   Don't use the law to justify your behaviour
to me.   If it helps you to justify it to yourself, that's fine, but
what I care about is how friends behave towards each other, not how
antagonists behave towards each other.

I don't dislike you for doing what you have done.  I like you just
fine.  That's not the issue.  I simply don't trust you anymore.  You
have taken actions which resulted in me not trusting you.  I don't not
trust you because of something that core did, or because of something
that I did.  I don't trust you because of something that you did.  I
still like you, and it pains me not to be able to trust you anymore.
But if you persist in claiming that you have done nothing wrong, you
will never regain my trust.

> I owe NetBSD nothing, and I owe you nothing [...]

That is absolutely true.   Anything that you do with or for NetBSD is
because you want to do it, not because you owe it to anybody.   That's
how free software works.

			       _MelloN_