Subject: Re: netatalk support
To: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
From: Tom T. Thai <tomthai@future.net>
List: current-users
Date: 09/03/1997 13:22:14
On Wed, 3 Sep 1997, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Sep 1997, Tom T. Thai wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 3 Sep 1997, matthew green wrote:
> > >    I had thought that Netatalk would have patched in NetBSD stuff, but I just
> > >    got the latest beta and didn't see NetBSD in there.. didn't compile
> > >    either. ;<
>
> No. 1.4beta2, the latest official version, is the one I patched. The
> netatalk folks have the NetBSD patches. They just haven't released
> a newer beta yet.
>
> > I couldn't access fugue so I tried to dl the current unpatched beta.

it's strange, but ftping to fogue from netscape timed out, but from shell
it works fine..

another thing.. I hate recompiling my kernel and reboot just to add
options NETATALK.. what happend to LKM?

> That one would bomb in flames. Unless you added a -D__FreeBSD__ :-)
>
> You have two additional options:
>
> 1) ftp://ftp.macbsd.com/pub/NetBSD/contrib/netatalk has the same patched
> beta. (There's also a third beta of mine, but all it does is add support
> for another operating system; no NetBSD changes)
>
> 2) Get ahold of Adrian Sun's AppleshareIP-patched netatalk. It's at
> alpha15. As of about alpha8 or so, it's had the NetBSD patches in it. It
> runs as well under NetBSD as any other OS. :-)
>
> Take care,
>
> Bill

Thomas T. Thai          Infomedia Interactive Communications
tom@iic.net             TEL 612.376.9090 * FAX 612.376.9087