Subject: Re: new i386 snapshot uploaded
To: None <perry@piermont.com, current-users@NetBSD.ORG, port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Missing - presumed fed. <greywolf@starwolf.starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/02/1997 23:08:52
...there are install tools...? :-)

Is anyone actually _working_ on install tools, or is it still up for
grabs?  'Cause my experience with NetBSD has thus far been to just
grab the snaps/binaries/tarballs/whatever and haul them over and do
a manual install [I run sparc and i386].

In fact, last time, about the only thing I did via the install script
was to label the disk (on an ix86 -- I haven't had to relabel my disks
on my sparc (knock on packed cellulose)).

and Yes, this is an offer to work on some install tools.  Seeing as we
can't realistically do an X interface, do we have the space for a curses-
based installation toolset on the install floppy?  Static or dynamic
probably doesn't matter unless we're doing more than one program,
here.

				--*greywolf;
--
Humanocentric religions and ways of life have proven to be our undoing.