Subject: Re: compat_linux and uname
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/02/1997 14:17:15
On Tue, 2 Sep 1997, Curt Sampson wrote:

: > I did. One can explicitely call "/emul/linux/bin/sh <install-script>.
: > If <install-script> calls another script, NetBSD /bin/sh will
: > be used again. The emulation search path simply does not
: > apply to script interpreters.
:
: What's wrong with putting /emul/linux/bin at the front of your $PATH?

(My interpretation of the original problem, correct me if I'm wrong.)
The script files explicitly have a line:

#!/bin/sh

at the top, causing NetBSD's kernel to search for /bin/sh during exec,
ignoring emulation namei translation.

=====
== Todd Vierling (Personal tv@pobox.com; Business tv@lucent.com)
== I know you like the Internet, Bobby.  Now go eat your Frosted Flakes.