Subject: Re: README: -current broken for a while
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@pa.dec.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/02/1997 09:30:10
> There was an annoying clause in it that we realized the implications of
> only after we said it was OK.  Because of this particular clause, the
> license simply had to go, and the author was unwilling to budge on that
> particular clause.

Actually, that's not true.  I had not budged _yet_.  In the fullness
of time (after a bit more discussion; not a bit more of core telling
me what was or was not acceptable to them on a given day), in all
likelyhood I would have.

I wasn't given any warning before 'core' started removing code covered
by my new license from the source tree, so there was no hope of any
'last minute' solution.

cgd