Subject: ftp(1) recursive ?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
List: current-users
Date: 09/01/1997 23:21:39
Hi,
The last thing I _really_ miss in out nice new enhanced ftp(1) is
ability to automatically download directory structure from ftp server.
Yes, I can download files if the same directory structure already exists
on my system, but ftp doesn't make dir automatically otherwise.
What I'm looking for is something like ncftp's ``get -R'' command.
I thing it would be best implemented as some flag (say - makedirsifneeded ?).

Do you thing something like that would be useful in our ftp(1) ?
I thing so, for me it's the only reason why I still keep ncftp binary around.

Would the change be accepted if I would send-pr this problem with patch
included (after/if I'd do it, of course ;-) ?

Maybe I'm just missing something (as obvious), so don't bother to flame
me in personal mail if so ;-)

jd
--
Jaromir Dolecek              		UVT MU, Botanicka 68A, Brno, 60200
dolecek@ics.muni.cz			Tel.: +420-5-4151 2280