Subject: Re: ahc bug in current? (was: ccd changed in current?)
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@mindbender.serv.net>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 08/29/1997 13:41:41
On Fri, 29 Aug 1997 12:09:16 -0700
 "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net> wrote:

 > OK, any idea where I can find a PCI bus analyzer?
 >
 > BTW, you should break up your paragraphs more often. :-)
 >
 > Maybe I'll give Adaptec a call and see if this is something they'll
 > replace for free.

Actually, I have encountered this problem before using a Myrinet interface
behind a PCI-PCI bridge.

The problems "go away" if you use i/o mapped access, rather than
memory mapped access.  The ahc driver was changed some time ago to
use memory mapped access, and I now suspect that this might be the
problem.

I may send a patch to you to try out, soon.

NAS: M/S 258-6                                       Work: +1 415 604 0935