Subject: Re: need to correct utilities.c
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Manuel BOUYER <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 08/28/1997 10:13:25
On Aug 27, Eric Delcamp wrote
> Hi,
>
> I have problems since long long time to compile sbin/fsdb.

I don't have this problem.

> After short investigations, I found the faulty file : fsck/utilities.c
>
> This file is in :
> fsck/utilities.c      v1.15 95/04/23 cgd
> fsck_ext2fs/utilities v1.1 97/06/11 bouyer
> fsck_ffs/utilities.c  v1.18 96/09/27 christos
>
> Same functions, but not the same prototypes and somes variables types.
> We need to chose one version, put it in fsck, and modifying Makefile
> for the others programs to use it.
> (the old one in fsck is not correct).
> The 'bouyer' version is the more recent, despite his version number. I vote
> for it ;-)

fsck/utilities.c doen't exists any more (from cvs log:
revision 1.16
date: 1996/04/05 01:45:01;  author: cgd;  state: dead;  lines: +2 -2
check in changes proposed in PR 2006 (approved by J.T.), to rename fsck
to fsck_ffs, so that in the future 'fsck' can be a wrapper than invokes
appropriate filesystem-specific checker programs.  For now, the only
user-visible change is that the names have changed in the manual page
and in error messages; fsck and fsck.8 are now links to fsck_ffs and
fsck_ffs.8, until the rest of the transition is complete.
)

fsck_ext2fs/utilities.c and fsck_ffs/utilities.c are differents, and this is
perfectly normal as ffs and ext2fs don't have exactly the same structure.
I think you just need to remove fsck/utilities.c