Subject: Re: cc1 signal 10...
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1@cam.ac.uk>
From: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@fls.portland.or.us>
List: current-users
Date: 08/27/1997 07:11:46
I'm getting the same problems. I thought it was due to heavy traffic on my
ethernet, so I brought down netbsd and started running a Mac rc5 client in
MacOS. A whole 4kkeys/sec on my SE/30! Well, my Centris is faster than my
SPARCclassic.

On Wed, 27 Aug 1997, Patrick Welche wrote:

> Peter Seebach wrote:
> >
> > Someone kindly sent me a working cc1 binary, but I'm a bit nervous
> > about builds...
> >
> > Is anyone on 68k ports seeing this?  Has anyone seen a known,
> > reliable fix?
> >
> > Symptoms:  cc1 gets signal 10 on many source files.
> >
> > -s
> >

> So do I on i386 - I haven't been around for a while so the sup changed
> a reasonable amount. I sit here typing make, waiting for the signal
> 10, then type make again. Last time this happened a few months ago,
> once I had been through the compile once, make build then worked on
> its own and did a clean build. (FWIW I kept getting spurious internal
> compiler errors in gnu/usr.bin/groff and had to compile a subdirectory
> at a time) My guess is that in the last build changes were made to the
> compiler and might have got stuck half way through my first make
> build...
>
> Patrick

Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd@fls.portland.or.us - Fuji Landscape Service
BSEE (6/86) + BSChem (3/95) + BAEnglish (8/95) + $3.00 = mocha latte