Subject: README: atapi support merged
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Manuel BOUYER <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 08/27/1997 14:20:22
Hi,
As you may have noticed, I merged the bouyer-scsipi branch in the mainline this
morning. This provides a merged scsi/atapi support, so that high-level devices
can either attach to an scsibus or an atapibus (currently, only
cd can attach on an atapibus on the i386). This needed some name changes
to all the low-level scsi drivers. They should work, unless I've made some
typo in the changes. Only the i386 drivers have been tested after the merge.
If you encounter any problem, let me know.

To add atapi support, you need to add the following lines to your config file:
atapibus* at wdc?
cd* at atapibus? drive ?
just after the wd/wdc declarations (see arch/i386/conf/GENERIC for an example).
SCSI devices don't need any changes to the config file.

[ Due to network problems, I think the commit didn't complete before the
"cvs update" started on ftp.netbsd.org, so the sources avalailable from
sup may be incomplete. Perhaps someone with the needed privileges could
re-run the cvs update and the sup scanner ? ]