Subject: Re: "cannot lock mailbox"...
To: Ross Harvey <ross@teraflop.com>
From: Rafal Boni <rkboni@concentric.net>
List: current-users
Date: 08/26/1997 22:21:03
In message <199708240012.RAA15311@delta.ghs.com>, you write:

-> >-> And as for compatability issues, I'd prefer to "solve" that "problem"
-> >-> with a vfs, rather than by being bug-compatible with the past.  But
-> >-> then, I'm a pretty iconoclastic changenik in some respects, as I'm sure
-> >-> many of you already know :-)
-> >
-> >In general, I think that's the best way to do it, but I'm not volunteering
-> >to implement it 8-)
->
-> Are you guys talking about using the portal filesystem, or are you
-> talking about writing a new vfs?

Well, mostly we were talking about pie-in-the-sky, since I don't think either
(any?) of us was planning on implementing this in the near future[1], but I was
talking about a new VFS... The portal idea hadn't come to me.

--rafal

[1] Well, I wasn't and I didn't get the idea anyone else was going to do this
just-this-minute, but I can't really speak for them, can I? 8-)

----
Rafal Boni                                                rkboni@concentric.net