Subject: Re: SCSI, *BSD, and the like...
To: None <gibbs@plutotech.com>
From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/26/1997 06:21:54
Gee, I didn't mean to start a bashing war onto CAM...

*My* dislike of the original CAM specification comes from pique (the CAM
committee didn't accept more of the SCSA work from Sun) and a dislike of its
style (pointers are bad and a overflorid and overcomplicated component
relationship).

It is no worse than, and certainly much better than, a lot of other
like systems (ASPI, Novell Peripheral Architecture, SDI, etc..).

I'm glad you're adding to it. Something that attempts to reasonably
organize and give a good model is better than nothing.

-matt