Subject: Re: HP SJ 5P SCANNER on IPX NetBSD-current
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <is@Beverly.Rhein.DE>
List: current-users
Date: 08/25/1997 00:14:20
Rob Healey (rhealey@altair.norstar.com) wrote:
: >
: > Stailey's changes got me to having the ss0 device show up on
: > boot, together with scsi id string reported by the scanner, but
: > at the next step, it prints out the  "..... 5p" string and
: > hangs forever.
: >
: > It worked on this IPX in April, and the scanner currently works on a Win95
: > machine . Clarence Wilkerson
:
: 	This is EXACTLY what happens to me under NetBSD/Amiga as well. B^(.
:
: 	Scanner works fantastically under the native OS, locks the SCSI
: 	bus REAL hard when the first packet after INQUIRY is sent to it.
:
: 	It's been driving me up the wall for almost 2 months trying to
: 	figure out WHY!?!? I have the HP development package for it but
: 	it's REALLY lean on low level programming "Why don't you just
: 	use the Win95 drivers for your NetBSD PC" isn't the most useful
: 	advice from the boneheads in HP tech support...
:
: 	Anyways, if anybody knows what's going on I would love to know!

The A3000 scsi driver (or maybe the sbic.c in general) does soemthing
wrong wrt. short/odd-sized data transfers.

If you want to be a hero, fix this... problem is that most people dont
have odd-size-transfering hardware connected to their A3000 (e.g., my
tape drive, and of course my disks, are 512-byte-blocked).

Regards,
	Ignatios Souvatzis