Subject: Re: "cannot lock mailbox"...
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 08/23/1997 19:32:34
> Since sendmail(8) automatically creates the mailbox file if it does
> not already exist, [...]

Isn't this actually handled by whatever program is named on the Mlocal
line, not sendmail itself?

Independent of compatability issues (an important disclaimer with all
the random MUAs running around out there!), I prefer $HOME/something
(on this machine we use $HOME/.mail).  What other utility keeps a
user's files in a central place instead of in that user's directory?
The only one I can think of offhand is cron, and I'm not convinced
there's any need to in that case either - I'd prefer to see a user's
crontab in $HOME/.crontab or some such.

And as for compatability issues, I'd prefer to "solve" that "problem"
with a vfs, rather than by being bug-compatible with the past.  But
then, I'm a pretty iconoclastic changenik in some respects, as I'm sure
many of you already know :-)

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca