Subject: lint warnings
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Krister Walfridsson <cato@df.lth.se>
List: current-users
Date: 08/23/1997 18:58:51
I have recently realized how useful lint is, but I'm annoyed by
all warnings from our include files. Sure, I can remove most of
them with the '-z' flag, but I still get

   types.h(76): warning: ANSI C does not support 'long long'
   types.h(77): warning: ANSI C does not support 'long long'

for every file I'm linting (and -z supresses warnings from my own
files too, and I don't want that...)

So why aren't the include files lint-safe? Are there some deep thought
behind this, or is it just that nobody have had the time to do it?
If it is a bad idea to make the headers lint-safe, what about
adding a flag which does "disable all warning from header files",
(i.e files included by #include<xxx>, but not #include "xxx")?

I'm volunteering to do the work if I get some input on what's
the right thing to do.

   /Krister