Subject: Re: "cannot lock mailbox"...
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 08/23/1997 08:01:06
On Fri, Aug 22, 1997 at 03:13:50PM -0700, Jonathan Stone wrote:

> I hate to be a nochangenik yet again, but can we *please* make this
> change configurable, so individual sites can choose between the
> existing maildrop-delivery behaviour or the new behaviour?

Yes, _please_.  I have several NetBSD systems where the current /var/mail
system works just great and I would _hate_ having to recompile/configure
or even patch the existing software to get one of the most basic functions
of a UNIX system working.  I could use the homedir delivery on two machines
(out of 10+), but why _force_ the people to make those big changes?

Please let the root decide what is best for his/her system.  Please.

  -jm

--

                       1503 kHz @ 22:30 EET DST Mon-Fri

                     ---> http://www.jmp.fi/~jmarin/ <---