Subject: Re: "cannot lock mailbox"...
To: Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@Plexus.COM>
List: current-users
Date: 08/22/1997 16:42:42
On Sat, 23 Aug 1997, Giles Lean wrote:

> If they don't support $MAIL or an equivalent there is a real quality
> of implementation problem IMHO.

I won't disagree with this, for the most part.  What I'm most interested
in is making sure that we all understand that some applications will
almost certainly lose, and that's just the way it's going to be.  Also,
realize that this isn't a `zero-change' solution.  Some user-maintained
software _will_ need to be recompiled, $MAIL will have to be set properly,
etc.

In summary:  let's not shoot ourselves in the foot by downplaying the
potential for problems.  Recognize it, announce it clearly, and move on.

--scott