Subject: Re: [i386] is anybody seeing reboots with lpt driver?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
List: current-users
Date: 08/21/1997 21:30:27
In article <7497.871426384@dnaunix.pa.dec.com>,
	"Chris G. Demetriou" <cgd@pa.dec.com> writes:
> Is anybody still running into that problem, or does anybody still have
> systems around on which they can try to replicate that problem?

Sorry, for the late answer but I didn't recognize the problem until today.
I'm running a kernel based on 970819 sources on a i386 box. It's a
P133 with a normal parallel board sitting on ASUS motherboard which
worked fine until... I don't know exactly, the last I printed something
was probably the 5th of August.

My machine doesn't reboot, it freezes completely. The virtual console
is dead, I can't even activate the kernel debugger. The lpt port is
recognized properly at boot time:

lpt0 at isa0 port 0x378-0x37b irq 7

On a hint from Bernd Ernesti I recompiled "elink.c" and "elink3.c" with
"-O0" - I have an unused 3c509 in my system - but that didn't help.

--
Matthias Scheler                                http://home.owl.de/~tron/