Subject: ipfilter
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mister Gandalf <>
List: current-users
Date: 08/18/1997 21:06:47
What has to be comfigured in the kernel for ipfilter to work? I am
specifically interested in ipnap. BPF? GATEWAY?

I have a kernel setup with both ipfilter options in the kernel, BPF on, =
GATEWAY off. I have a simple rule file that I got from a friend, that al=
matches a sample rule file that comes with the ipnat distribution. When =
I load
"ipnat -f /etc/ipnat.conf", it seems to do nothing. I cannot ping any RE=
from an intranet machine.

-- Mark.

Mark R. Buechler, Mentasm System Administrator
Mentasm Network Information Services (
System Administrator, The NET Group, Inc. (
System Administrator, Pecker(Feather).net Email Services
( - Soon!