Subject: Re: "plip' interface
To: Helen Y. Gore <>
From: Martin Husemann <>
List: current-users
Date: 08/18/1997 09:11:15
[ me queriying about plip support years ago ]

Martin Schaaf asked:
> Has anything come from this?

Yes, I'm using it right now. I ported Matthias Pfaller's pc532 version
to the i386, and we did some work on it recently to get it working with

It works for me between on desktop machine and my notebook, it doesn't
work at all between another desktop machine and the same notebook (all
running -current/i386), it works for Matthias between a pc532-current
and an i386, and it worked for me several times between the notebook
and a Linux system. So, it's not realy rock solid, but it works - kind
of. We'll package it up and make it available, stay tuned.