Subject: Re: cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 10
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
From: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 08/17/1997 23:54:32
Hi Peter,

I've seen that before a few times (both times under 1.2 I think).  For me,
it was a hardware (i386)  problem, I was getting flakyness all over the
place, but internal error in cc1 was the most common error I got.  After
lowering my clockspeed from 120 MHz to 100 MHz, the problem wen't away.  I
also saw this at work where the problem appeared to have been bad ram
(replaced the simms and all was fine).  I found it to be very
unpredictable.  If I just did a make again, it would get a little futher.
If the problem occurrs for you at the same point every time, then it's
probably not caused by the same thing as it was for me.

Rick

On Sun, 17 Aug 1997, Peter Seebach wrote:

> Is this
> 	cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 10
> unique to my build, or is it common on 68k, or what?  Should I rebuild
> something?
>
> Just showed up after a make build.
>
> -s

Rick Byers                                      Internet Access Worldwide
rickb@iaw.on.ca                                System Admin, Tech Support
Welland, Ontario, Canada                                    (905)714-1400
http://www.iaw.on.ca/rickb/                         http://www.iaw.on.ca/