Subject: Can't make depend on a union fs?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/15/1997 18:57:06
Okay, before I pull my hair out and ktrace an instance of make, has anyone
else seen this?

I union mount /usr/obj on top of /usr/src after I sup to keep the object
files out of the 'true' source tree.  However, I cannot seem to do this for
kernels--_only_ for kernels.  When I attempt to 'make depend' for a freshly
config'd kernel, I get 'make: don't know how to make depend.'  I reinstalled
make, and the .mk files, but to no avail.

I can depend anything else, I can depend the kernel if it isn't union
mounted, and I can make everything (even the kernel without depending), but
I can't make depend on the kernel on a union mount.  Any ideas?

=====
== Todd Vierling (Personal tv@pobox.com; Alternate tv@duh.org)
== I know you like the Internet, Bobby.  Now go eat your Frosted Flakes.