Subject: ffs question
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Eric Haszlakiewicz <haszlaki@UAccess.NET>
List: current-users
Date: 08/14/1997 02:56:22
Just a few questions:

	A little while ago I submitted a patch to prevent a corrupted super
block from panicking the system when mounted. Just a couple checks to see
if the superblock size and cyl summary size is reasonable.  I just noticed
I missed checking for large values of cylingder groups.  (fs_ncg) Is there
an upper limit on this?  limit=number of cylinders :: 1 cyl per group?

Also wouldn't it make sense for the mount to fail if there wasn't enough
memory instead of a system panic?  It seems that malloc with M_WAITOK
can't return an error if it's impossible to get enough memory, and M_NOWAIT
can return an error but won't wait for memory to free up.  (according to
the man page).  Maybe another flag is needed?  (hmm.. glancing through
some of the code i think something like this is implemented for sub maps.)

Finally, I was thinking a -f flag to cat (cat -f <=> tail -f) would be
useful.  comments?

eric