Subject: procfs bug
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 08/12/1997 15:53:03
Hi folks...

I've just committed a fix for the procfs security hole.  You should
get the new code in the next sup... (Don't know the extact number of
hours.. I'm still in Munich at the IETF, and it's late enough that I
don't want to do the math..)

If you have been able to previously exploit the hole, and _STILL_ can
after booting a kernel with these changes, PLEASE send mail to
thorpej@nas.nasa.gov ASAP!

Thanks...

NAS: M/S 258-6                                       Work: +1 415 604 0935