Subject: Re: What is a snapshot?
To: Leo Bicknell <bicknell@pmax.ufp.org>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/11/1997 23:50:07
Leo Bicknell writes:
> I think more frequent releases are good for a few other reasons:

Everyone agrees with this, I think.

> 	Definately agreed.  I've never tried to make a NetBSD snapshot,
> but I have made several for FreeBSD.  What annoys me most about NetBSD
> is the lack of distribution tools, and documentation on how to build
> distributions.

There is plenty in the way of "build distribution" tools, and they are
actually pretty easy to use. They are not 100% as automated as they
should be, but they are pretty good. "make build" builds
everything. /usr/src/distrib contains most of the auxilliary stuff --
the sets stuff is in /usr/src/distrib/sets

I know, it isn't sufficiently documented...

.pm