Subject: Re: What is a snapshot?
To: Scott Ellis <scotte@netbsd.warped.com>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/11/1997 18:03:19
On Mon, 11 Aug 1997, Scott Ellis wrote:
> I had a hard time getting NetBSD/Alpha to xcompile to NetBSD/m68k as well...
> I don't think it would be feasible to have a 'supercompiler' box...but
> once you have (for example) an m68k cross-compiler done, you've got
> a large number of NetBSD targets, all of which are 'slower' machines.

Has anyone been able to get cross-compilation working with shared libs?
I'm compiling on NetBSD/i386 with a target of NetBSD/m68k, and it works
great for kernels and statically linked binaries, but binutils 2.8(.1)
doesn't seem to know about NetBSD's shared libraries.
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 21 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++