Subject: Re: Annoying panics...
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/09/1997 13:45:29
I used to get that same panic occassionally during reboot, in the part
where it ran fsck.  It would get through several fstab entries, telling me
that the partition was already clean, and then it would either hang (in
some sort of permanent tsleep) or give me the panic.  Fortunately, the
hang or panic came before any of the partitions ever got mounted, so I
never lost any data.

I also think I remember having it happen once during the nightly (daily)
job, but I'm not sure.

On Sat, 9 Aug 1997, Colin Wood wrote:

> Does anyone know why the following panic would occur?
>
> pmap_alloc_pv: pgi_nfree inconsistent
>
> I have a feeling that this occurred during the daily run early this
> morning (I was asleep at the time) since I didn't get the daily and
> security report in the mail this morning.  I can't quite remember what the
> stack trace was, but it was the result of part of a filesystem operation.
> This is on -current as of July 26.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Colin Wood                                 cwood@ichips.intel.com
> Component Design Engineer - MD6                 Intel Corporation
> I speak only on my own behalf, not for my employer.

| Paul Goyette       | PGP Public Key fingerprint:  | E-mail addresses:     |
| Network Consultant |     0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@whooppee.com    |
| and kernel hacker  |     E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul_goyette@ins.com |