Subject: Re: Hmmmm no quake sounds :-(
To: Lennart Augustsson <>
From: Feico Dillema <>
List: current-users
Date: 08/07/1997 11:54:46
In message <>you wrote:
>> Could someone please send me their fix for the "repeating sound loop"
>> problem on the '386...
>> [It's playing the first 8k vveeerrryyy ssslllooowwwlllyyy overandoverand
>> overandover...]
>Well, if you supply some more details maybe I can help.  It works
>fine for me.

I might have some additional info on this. NetBSD-current on my 486 shows
this audio-behaviour:

After the first access to /dev/audio or /dev/sound the device becomes inaccessable
with the message : Device busy... The mixer device does not have this problem.

audioctl -a
<blah blah>
<correct info>

audioctl -a
Cannot open device: device busy (or somthing similar)

cat >/dev/audio, just returns immediately the first time... Producing
no sound at all...

The 486 is equipped with a gusmax sound board.

If more info is needed, tests or traces or such, mail me and I'll do my best...