Subject: Re: Confusion about making 1.2-current sources
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 08/06/1997 13:27:28
On Wed, 6 Aug 1997, der Mouse wrote:

> What I normally do in a circumstance like this is to create a chrooted
> area to build in.  I don't know how well it would work for a jump as
> big as 1.2-to-current, but it should be not too much pain.

Another option is to use my changes to allow a full build to occur
in the object tree. This lets you put of setting DESTDIR until
later, and you can set it several times to different places and do
full installs without having to recompile libraries or anything
like that. Tarballs of the changed files that can be extracted over
a current source tree are in ftp://ftp.cynic.net/pub/NetBSD-local/newobj.

(Of course, this doesn't do you much good until after you've upgraded
from 1.2. :-))

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite myst, software reverberates